10 actions to make Britain a better place to live
8 March 2018
Aylesbury Vale Green Party members met Jonathan at Conference. He had outlined the Green Party's environment plan:
- A ban on fracking
- An end to the fuel duty freeze
- No Hinkley. No Wylfa. No nuclear, fully stop
- The best public transport system in the world, minimising car use
- All new car and van sales from 2030 will be electric or plug-in hybrid only
- The best public transport system in the world
- Breathable streets and green space for all
- Every home a power station
- Wind and solar the backbone of British energy
- Action on plastics; bottle deposit schemes, short-term reduction targets because it is urgent.
The Government’s 25 Year Environment Plan - finally published a few months ago - is desperately disappointing.
It is a Plan to deliver little more than a wait of a quarter of a century to phase out avoidable plastics.
THEY MUST DO BETTER!